>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

EAA Witness Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby Talon44 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:31 am

Have a 10mm Witness compact. It's very accurate with a good trigger etc. After 500 rounds of pretty hot PMC ammo the slide nearly cracked in two. Be sure to inspect your slide just aft of the front sight at the bottom rails. EAA replaced the parts no questions asked in 10 days time. These are quite undersprung and need a 20lbs spring imo. Mine had the dual spring setup which is about 16lbs I think.
Talon44

Postby otrclwotpo » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:47 am

I just bought a used Witness 9MM, Combat Model, in the Matt Finish, with Hogue Grips, in great condition, took it straight to the Range and WOW. Four guys came over from the next Range to see what I was shooting.

Where can I order, for a fair price, a conversion barrel and slide kit in .22 and/or .45 caliber?
otrclwotpo

Postby sprintfan511 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:42 pm

I have a new Witness full size 45acp . I love this gun . Very accurate and fun to shoot, but it won't feed hollow point ammo of any kind . What can I do to fix this ?
sprintfan511

Postby lcbowen3 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:11 am

Purchased the 45 / 22LR combo kit a week ago (one of the only way to get the black finish anymore). Cleaned and oiled it, and took it to the range. Fired 100 rounds of Winchester white box through it with no problems of any kind. Accuracy was very good (3 inch groups at 50 ft standing). Very well controlled action, excellent recoil control. I really like it - my only issue was it seems to have a little trigger lash, but maybe that will work itself out as I get more familiar. I haven't fired the 22LR barrel yet.
lcbowen3

Postby mesinge2 » Mon May 05, 2008 12:03 pm

I recently purchased the 9mm Witness Match and I took it shooting later that week. The gun has an 18 round clip but it is hard to load more than 16 rounds into it, but who really needs more than that. Also, I used phosphorescent paint to put a white dot on the front site and a square outline on the rear site.

I was using Magtech 115gr. JHP (not one jam in 600 rounds) and I tested the gun at 7 yards at first. The first group at 7 yards printed a 3/4 inch group. I then tried 14 yards and received a group of 1 1/4 inches with the same ammo. Finally, I tried 21 and 30 yards (which is as deep as the range I use permits for pistols). The groups I received were 2 inches for the 21 yard test and 2 3/4 inches for the 30 yard test.

I was shocked. This was not a bench test but a weaver stance. After this I moved the target back to 7 yards and tried an action test. During this action test, I drew the gun from the holster, disengaged the safety, acquired my sites, and fired off ten rounds as fast as I could pull the trigger (one-handed). The resulting group was about 2 1/2 inches with 8 of the 10 shots within the X-ring. This did not alleviate the shocked feeling.

I knew that EAA produced excellent weapons, but I was still more than surprised!

I would recommend this gun to anyone.
mesinge2

Postby MICHAEL47 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:11 pm

I recently got my Witness .45 and am very impressed. This is my first .45 an I was expecting much more recoil. Using the sandbag bench rest the groupings were very tight. This is the most consistant pistol I've ever shot.
MICHAEL47

Postby JIV » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:48 am

I own a Tanfoglio 9mmP copy of the CZ 75 compact. It is a fantastic weapon and never skips a beat. The only time i had a problem with it was when i used handloads, factory re-loads work perfectly. Other than that i have fired hundreds of rounds through it and it has performed flawlessly, even my wife loves shooting it compared to my .38spl snubby. During weak or single handed point shooting the gun is very easy to control and the results are still very impressive. For anyone on a budget who can't afford a CZ75, i suggest taking a long hard look at Tonfoglio/EAA products, you won't be dissapointed. They are considerably cheaper than the CZ's, but when it comes to accuracy or reliability are second to none.
JIV

Postby onimo » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:58 am

i have the .45 shoots good no problems at all but its a little heavy!
onimo

Postby otrclwotpo » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:30 pm

I bought a used Witness 9MM Wonder Finish that was manufactured in 2002 and shoots great. I understand I can order the .40 Conversion Kit and Mags for this Model. I have a friend that wants to buy it and I would then buy a new model.

The new model started manufacturing in 2005, and is referred to as a larger frame, that can be converted to .22, 9MM, .40, .38, and .45; therefore more versatile.

Does anyone have firsthand experience with the older and newer models? How do they compare? Is the older or newer model better, not as good, or the same? I don't want to make a mistake in letting go of a great pistol!!!
otrclwotpo

Postby MICHAEL47 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:02 pm

Came back from the range last week and was very disappointed in my performance. It wasn't till I began cleaning the EAA .45 that I noticed my rear sight was loose and moved side to side. I tightened it and went out again this week. After a couple of clips I checked and surenuff it was loose again. I retightened and found my shots consistently low. I suspect that the rear sight got lowered with all the tightening.

I've ordered an adjustable rear sight from ajaxgrips.com for $50. I've always preferred adjustable anyway. I'll let u know how it turns out.
MICHAEL47

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols