>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

NAA Guardian .380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:03 pm

I was there from 81 to 84. I remember the day that Aquino was shot in Manila. The place went wild. We'd go camping and diving and always wondered how long our luck would hold out. We were always concerned about the NPA getting ahold of us! They didn't hunt down foreigners like they do now. There were times when we were very close to some of their camps and that was very unnerving! Getting a firearm during those times was impossible. What island are you on? Is it difficult to get ammo? I'm glad that you're able to obtain something to defend yourself. You need it!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby sickfellahJJR3 » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:12 pm

Its so nyc to hear that uve been here during those turbulent times in our country's emerging & unfolding history... The PI is still a good&nyc place 4 u guys 2 visit but killings r becoming a daily occurence which surprisingly has not deterred my American friends from coming and visiting us here in Central Phils. Im from Negros fronting Cebu where they fabricate class A replicas of any gun! ANY GUN!just come up with the specs,left&right pics & in a month u can have ur very own G18 or CZ75Automatic (WHICH I KNOW IS HARD TO GET HOLD OF EVEN IN THE USA)4 ur shooting pleasure! These are what we call PALTICS.Im not a backyard gunmaker or related 2 1 & im not advertising or anything but just a little background of how Filipinos manage in these trying times.Gud day bro!
sickfellahJJR3

Postby mdprotector » Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:46 pm

Reliable and suprisingly accurate with Hydrashoks. Feeds and ejects reliably. A tad bit heavy for a pocket gun but it is a welcome additon when shooting! My regular pocket carry gun. Definately a quality American handgun.
mdprotector

Postby Billyram » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:25 pm

Well I went out and bought a Guardian .380 a few weeks ago and was surprized at the comfort and accuracy. I could hold 6 shots in the black on a 25 yd slow fire pistol target at 10 yds. At 25 yds all were on the paper with half in the black. The pistol doesn't seem to care what you put in it. 200 rounds with one FTF and that was with some dirty shooting serb ammo. This is a pocket gun I like to have arround.

Billy
Billyram

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:21 pm

No problems with hollowpoints? I've got a AMT 380 and I can't shoot HP's through it. Jams every time. The magazine to feed ramp angle is too steep. Stupid way to design something but I wasn't thinking about that when I bought it. It is however very accurate and with ball ammo, Glaser Safety Slugs, that sort of thing, it's extremely reliable. I've seen these NAA auto's at all the gun shows and they are a sweet pistol for sure. I've got a NAA mini revolver and the attention to detail is very good. They make sure quality is part of their equation. I considered the NAA 32 but ended up buying a Seecamp 32 instead. It's a nice little piece too. Very light at 12.5 ounces. I wish I could buy one of everything! A bottomless pocket!! Wouldn't that be great? Good luck with your new pistol.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Billyram » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:07 pm

I don't plan on using hollow points and haven't tried any. It feeds 100 % with USA flat points and should feed with some hollow points. Probably not with wide open points like Gold Dots.

Billy
Billyram

Postby camper » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:59 am

I have about 350 rounds through the 380 Guardian I bought in January 08. It loves Remington Golden Saber 102 grain JHPs. In fact, I likes all rounds I've put through it to date. A great pocket pistol!
camper

Postby Billyram » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:55 pm

Have been running some Hydra Shoks and Gold Dots through the Guardian with 100% reliability. The slick plated brass on both doesn't hurt. The gun and I like the Gold dots the best. 950 fps out of this gun vs 900 fps for the Hydra Shoks.

Billy
Billyram

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 12:20 pm

Hey Billy,

I guess you decided to try some hollowpoints in your pistol? Sounded like you were dead set against them three weeks ago. I'm glad you decided to try them out, they'll be much better in the self defense arena. Good luck with it, they're a nice pocket gun from a very good manufacturer.

tigwelder56

Postby GlockRocker » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 pm

I can't find this gun anywhere? Are they usually hard to find? I even went to one of the largest gun shows here in GA (Eastman's Gun Show - 1,000 tables) and still could not find one?

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Kevin Webb
GlockRocker

PreviousNext

Return to Pistols