>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

NAA Guardian .380 Reviews

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

NAA Guardian .380 Reviews

Postby dmartinage » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:03 pm

Workmanship on this gun is top notch (it better be for the price). However you may want to fire one before you purchase. I found the recoil to be unpleasant to say the least. Although not uncommon for a straight blow-back design, the Guardian seemed to somehow amplify the felt recoil. Speaking for myself, anticipation of its blast absolutely affected the accuracy of this pistol. If recoil is an issue for you, look for a .380 that utilizes a locked breech system
dmartinage

Postby DrDanO » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:13 am

I purchased this gun in Houston, went to the dealers range and put 50 rounds through it. It had a jam on every clip, the trigger left at small blister starting on my trigger finger, the recoil made me never want to fire it again. The dealer had warned me I might not like its "kick."" Luckily he took it back with full credit. I bought a Kel Tec P3AT. It has not jammed once with 350 rounds through it and I enjoy shooting it. It weighs much less and the recoil is quite acceptable. I had looked forward to owning the NAA .380, but now just shake my head when I see one. My main pistol is a Kahr PM9 with night sights. An outstanding pistol, expensive, but worth it. "
DrDanO

Postby micky » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:34 pm

Does anyone know where this is available for under $300.00? Thanks
micky

Postby micky » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:38 am

You can get the 32ACP caliber for $326 at through the "Buy this NAA Pistol"" link above. I bought a S&W ther once and they were great..."
micky

Postby micky » Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:38 am

Thanks Pete. I found but have not inquired about one at Onpoint Firearms .com $301.53
micky

Postby eman12550 » Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 pm

good little carry gun, fit and finish is excellent. conceals easly. new model mags have + 2 ? and finger hook ..mine does not and makes it difficult to hold in my big fat hands ... sights are hard to see in low light but still shoots fine at point and shoot close distances..and before you rely on it as a carry gun ..go to the range with a variety of bullets to see which works best ,because i have had jamming problems but now are fixed with a little research at the range
eman12550

Postby gary » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:38 am

i thought the guardian was great. if you are looking for a nice pocket pistol then you have to get the guardian.
gary

Postby XXOXX » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:14 am

Pussies!

The gun does not recoil. Never had a jam shooting all sorts of ammo. Tops in fit/finish.

NAA Guardian is a copy/knock-off of a Seacamp. Seacamp runs about $1000 and has a waiting list.

I had a Kel-Tek P32, but if felt like a squirt gun. The NAA feels like a firearm. Nice trigger, good ergonomics. I made a custom, wet-molded pocket holster that keeps it oriented and ready in the pocket.

Only problem I have with the gun is caliber. 32 ACP in a small gun is not very practical for any sort of serious defense.

Ohhh yeah . . . sights. Theres a complaint in here that the sights are hard to see. If youre smart, youll file them off and finish smooth. You dont need sights at defensive distances with a 32 ACP. Ten feet . . . tops. Any farther distance and youd be wise to start running rather than shooting with a 32 ACP.
XXOXX

Postby agonist » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:38 am

Easy there killer. Even in an argument theres room for civility.
agonist

Postby XXOXX » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 pm

OK, I was teasin -- but also I think maybe the recoil discussion is about the NAA 320 cal. Thats a necked down 380 ACP.

Not sure why anyone would neck down a 380 ACP. For defense you need bullet diameter to create a wound channel. 32 ACP is minimal caliber for defense. Most draw the line at 380 ACP -- and even that cal. is marginal.

But then, realistically, I dont get into a lot of firefights. A small gun is better than no gun, and Ill carry an NAA Guardian most places, while I wont pack a 9mm or 45 ACP a good deal of the time.

-- Is that civil ??? *S*
XXOXX

Next

Return to Pistols