>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Pistols

Does anyone know what this gun is?

Discuss and review everything about the pistol, from the original 1911, to the modern compact semi-automatic.

Does anyone know what this gun is?

Postby blackburb » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 pm

http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/showthread.php?t=52466

I've stumped everyone on a half dozen forums...

I'd really like to learn what I've got here.
blackburb

Postby neverenough » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:10 pm

Hmmm....Interesting. There is a 6.35mm pistol (based on a 1906 Browning design) that carries the mfg. name of DUO.

As RJay mentioned on another forum, the name Dusek is associated with it. This particular pistol bears absolutly no resemblance whatsoever to your (very good looking) little gem, but may give you a bit more to go on.

The 6 round magazine pistol I refer to was intriduced in 1926, was exported throughout the world and during WWll slide markings were in German....

Soooo...not much help, but your shooter seems to have a relationship with this pistol I mention.

I sure do like the overall look and definate useability of your .22lr. To a small degree, it has a look of a Thomson Contender (G-2, I believe). At any rate it is NICE!

Let me know how it's identity pans out.

neverenough
....If you happen to find dog poop on your boot, DO NOT kick the dog....think it through for a moment.....
neverenough

Postby blackburb » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:30 pm

Glad you like it. It's really starting to drive me nuts that I can't find any info on it. I've spent hours googliing to no avail. I was sure someone on one of the various firearm forums would have seen one before. Guess not.
blackburb

Postby blackburb » Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:48 pm

I'm gonna bump this once in hopes that a few more people will see it, but I'm not too confident in getting an answer.
blackburb

Postby neverenough » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:09 pm

Damn...Still coming up empty? I pretty well washed out, but still am intrigued.....we'll keep an eye on it!

neverenough
....If you happen to find dog poop on your boot, DO NOT kick the dog....think it through for a moment.....
neverenough

Postby Will_Carry » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:10 pm

Look at the Marlin model 100 22LR. Or the J.C. Higgins model 103.18. Marlin made the J.C.Higgins for Sears. It looks like a spin off of the Marlin. Marlin made a ton of these back in the day. My Higgins 103.18 was made in 1935 and sold for around $8.00. It is the most accurate 22 rifle I have ever fired.

It made the shot that was heard all around the neighborhood when I was a kid. We were walking back from shooting our 22s at the river. All the other guys had semi-autos or lever actions. All I had was this Higgins, single shot.

We were 300 yards from my mailbox when I reach in my pocket and found a loose round. I was joking when I said "Bet I can hit my mailbox from here!" The other guys gawked and said "No way!" So I made a show of adjusting my back sight as high as it would go. (I had been sneaking off practicing by myself) . The front sight covered the mail box. Right before I pulled the trigger I raised the barrel to shoot about a foot higher than the mail box. The rifle when crack and a second later a "ping" as the round struck the box. I was as suprised as they were but I kept my cool. I played it for everything it was worth by saying "I was aiming for the flag." When we walked up to the mail box, there was a dent right in the middle of the metal flag. From that day on, I was the best shot in the neighborhood. :)
Will_Carry

Return to Pistols