>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Sig Sauer manual safety question

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Sig Sauer manual safety question

Postby NewLady » Sun Dec 25, 2011 6:07 pm

Received the Mosquito for Christmas today as an entry into target shooting. Read the reviews about cleaning and specific ammunition to use.

My question is about the manual safety. I press the safety down to engage yet I am still able to pull the trigger.

Anyone have any experience if this is correct because I don't feel like that is really safe.
NewLady

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:11 pm

Hello New Lady and welcome to the forum! The Sig Mosquito has a decocker on the left side of the pistol which serves two purposes. First, when applied it acts as a safety, but when your pistol is loaded with the hammer cocked, you can activate that same lever and it will "decock" the gun. Many pistols when decocked will allow the hammer to fall in a rather rapid motion. It's enough to scare the crap out of you when it happens the first few times. But it's perfectly safe and normal action for that function. The reason the trigger continues to work is also normal. The inner workings of the trigger mechanism have been disconnected by the decocker, thus working as a safety. Reset this same lever and your gun goes HOT and you can either pull the trigger or cock the hammer to fire the weapon. I hope this describes your issue and helps you feel more comfortable with your new Squito!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Gun Chatter