>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Ruger gp100 spring change?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Ruger gp100 spring change?

Postby oldhammer » Fri May 28, 2010 4:25 pm

Love this gun and lots of fun. Have had it a few months and put about500 rnds, some 357,most 38. I've looked around and its not my imagination thinking the trigger pull is a little stronger than it needs to be. Thinking about knocking off a few lbs. each from the main and trigger springs. Swapping them out with either Wolff or Wilson combat springs made just for this. Seems like more than a few have done it, seems easy enough. I guess the trick is not going too light so as not to cause misfires. Anyone here go thru this swap?
oldhammer

Postby 1969glasspar » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:07 am

I just went through this process. It was easy to do. with a little help from this guy's web site http://bananafufu.blogspot.com/2007/05/ ... gp100.html .Everything went smooth but honestly my gun was already broken in and I didn't notice a difference at all with the 10 and 12 # trigger and mainsprings. Previuosly I had bought snap caps and went crazy running the gun through cycles every night. So thats probably something to consider But I had also previously took the gun apart and cleaned up alot of burs left behind during the manufacturing process. One place to pay particular attention to is the contact areas of the hammer against the frame. Good luck, Bill
1969glasspar

Return to Gun Chatter