>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

value antique westley richards?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

value antique westley richards?

Postby gemerald » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 pm

I own a circa 1860's-70's westley richards 12 gauge side by side shotgun, in good - excellent condition, still in it's original box complete with original cleaning rods, and original tin of westley richards cleaning oil. Can anybody give me an idea on what this may be worth for insurance / possible sale purposes, cheers
gemerald

Postby whitehood » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:58 pm

I'd just call Westley Richards and they'll probably be more than happy to give you an idea. A lot depends upon if it's a sidelock or a boxlock or in WR case a droplock. I suspect it's what's called a hammer gun. If it's something called a pinfire then you just might be in the money. There is a pinfire posted on Guns International with pics and a history that is going for 10K American. Off the wall I'd say anywhere from 1K to as high as 5K US.
whitehood

Postby gemerald » Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:04 am

Thanks very much for your interest and comments whitehood, as good and obvious advice as ringing WR is, i genuinely never thought of that, so thanks again and i shall give them a call, cheers
gemerald

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:01 pm

You da' Man, WH!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby mrkingley » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:39 pm

these are beauties, these are worth almost 50,000 dollars

http://www.antiques-now.co.uk/ad_detail ... and-armour
mrkingley

Return to Gun Chatter