>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

If live alone, what's quick place for gun?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby JustBen » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:04 am

A dog and an alarm are also what I have. They are some of the best forms of home defense. And dog food is actually cheaper than ammo - LOL.
JustBen

Postby GOANRA » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:44 am

Wife brings our140 lb Rott in when it's cold/hot/wet, very protective. I keep sidearm on end table or .380 kel-Tek in pocket when mowing lawn, etc. Wife keeps the same within reach or in robe pocket.

When we go to the store or visiting together, we don't even ask if each other is armed. It would be odd if one of us wasn't.

What are we afraid of? ...................... Nothin'. LOL
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby snke_doctr » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:23 am

goanra & justben, now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!
snke_doctr

Postby ulgydog56 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:02 pm

I will tell you a dog is a great first line of defence,I do have land and my lab always lets me know if someone pulls up the driveway,she roams the land and always comes back and sits on the front pourch,and a nice deep bark does,nt hurt to boot....i lve that dog...
ulgydog56

Postby GOANRA » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:51 am

It is good to have a sidearm that fits easily in your back pocket, or wherever, in case someone knocks at the door.

You don't want to answer the door with your Saiga if it's a little neighborhhood kid selling Girl Scout cookies.
NRA Lifer
GOA member
Retired LEO
Μολὼν λαβέ
If gun laws worked; criminals would obey them.
Join the NRA here: http://home.nra.org/#/nraorg
GOANRA

Postby Gloc9mm » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:56 am

I am getting the feeling that too many people are a bit too paranoid to be carrying any weapon!

Sorry but I don't pull punches, I say what I think. Again, if you "Need" to carry inside your home you should really think about moving!
Gloc9mm

Postby snke_doctr » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:07 pm

My father had told me years ago "a little paranoia is good for you". Are some of us TOO paranoid now? Maybe, but haven't the present conditions of our country made us so? - media, governmental politics, etc. Yes, we must be careful with our guns, that's common sense, but we must be careful with our lives as well.
snke_doctr

Postby tigwelder56 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:02 pm

Well Gloc, this is the first time I've disagreed with you. I also carry 24/7, inside my house and out. I live in an upscale neighborhood that doesn't have much to worry about. But then again, there's the time recently that two illegal Mexican immigrants looking for cash kicked the door down to a home in one of these "friendly neighborhoods". The homeowners died. I don't think they were armed or paranoid. They weren't ready, that's the difference Bob. It can happen to anyone and those that say it won't or isn't necessary are risking the lives of themself and those they love. I'm not moving, if you decide to, that's up to you...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Gloc9mm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:46 am

Well, to each his/her own. Actually carrying inside your home isn't nearly as damaging as carrying a gun openly and empty, as I have noticed at least 1 person here does in Jersey!

Stories like that just give more ammo to those who are pro-gun control to use as another reason for disarming the public, besides being dangerous to himself and those around him.

I guess being an Apt. dweller w/no kids, I am just used to having a weapon within 3 steps at all times, so I really never thought much about carrying inside.

But 24/7 Tig?? I personally would prefer "just a bit" softer type of a "weapon" when in bed! lol
Gloc9mm

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Well 24/7 may be stretching it abit! I don't carry in the shower but while in bed, my Glock 23 is two steps away with a tac light and next to me in one of those bedside shotgun racks called "The Back-Up" http://www.the-backup.com/ I have a 20" Mossberg Maverick 12 ga. In the end it's a matter of preference and training that helps you decide if this is the way to go for you. I prefer being armed versus the alternative.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter