>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

magazines for the 910S S&W 9mm pistol

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

magazines for the 910S S&W 9mm pistol

Postby gunaholic » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:00 pm

I am using a smith and wesson 910S (9mm). The only problem I am having is that both of the magazines that came with the gun will only hold 9 rounds instead of the 10 they say it holds. What is the problem?
gunaholic

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:37 pm

It's a true 10 round magazine, that isn't in question. How old (or new) are your magazines? New mags are notoriously tight. Have you tried using a mag loader? They very often can get that last round in when your thumb won't!!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby gunaholic » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:39 pm

thank you very much for your response. I took the pistol to the shooting range today and mentioned to the people there what my problem was. My friend who used to have this gun is the one who mentioned to me that it only held 9 instead of 10. There was no problem after all. The guy at the range loaded all 10 with his fingers in both mags. I used the HKS loader for the first nine. It just required a little more muscle to get the 10th one in. However, I will probably use only 9 instead of wearing my fingers out on the 10th. Thank you very much for your help.
gunaholic

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:12 pm

You're welcome! Keep in mind that as you break in those magazines, that last round will become easier and easier to insert. Good luck and enjoy that new pistol!!

One other thing I wanted to mention is when you try to load that difficult round, try pressing it in at a slight angle instead of straight down. It'll probably insert easier.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby gunaholic » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:31 pm

thanks again for the followup. I will try to put the last shell in on an angle instead of straight down. The gun looks like brand new with the box and all the paperwork and doesn't have a scratch on it. The previous owner decided to get a 45ACP instead. The gun is excellent.
gunaholic

Return to Gun Chatter