>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Pistol recovered!

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Pistol recovered!

Postby painter203 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:17 pm

For everyone out there who has had a firearm stolen there is hope. I had two pistols stolen last Feb, a s&w 3953 and a ruger p345. Just got a call today from local pd saying they had recovered the s&w. Hopefully its still in decent shape, only bad part is it will take 3 months to get it back because of all the red tape.
painter203

Postby robalan » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:11 am

How were they stolen? Our local police are even having trouble with their being taken. I guess some people will take a big chance for a gun.

I think NRA increased their coverage to $2,500.
robalan

Postby painter203 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:09 am

They were stolen by a roommate I had and one of his friends. (This is what police and I think). Hopefully my p345 will be recovered soon.
painter203

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:52 pm

That's great news Painter! That's not something many gun owners that lost their firearms, I am one, ever hear. It's a feather in the cap of your local LEO's!! Hopefully you'll send a note to them for staying on top of it. It's the right thing to do and gives them a pat on the back for a job that people rarely give them.

Have you seen the website called "Stolen Weapon"? You can list your stolen weapons as well as check anything you may be considering second hand. It's worth a look! http://www.stolenweapon.com/Stolen-Gun-Home.html
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Return to Gun Chatter