>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

HA! I got a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine from Santa.

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

HA! I got a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine from Santa.

Postby Will_Carry » Sat Dec 25, 2010 3:24 pm

It has a "Laser" and a compensator. I have the "Laser" sited in at 25 yards which, according to the trajectory table on the Kel-Tec web site, will zero it a 100 yards too. I looked very closely at the Hi-Point Carbine and the Kel-Tec Carbine. The Kel-Tec has some great features: 1) It folds in half, then quickly pops open for use. 2) They are made to accept pistol magazines from Glock, or Beretta or S&W. These were two strong advantages over the Hi-Point. The Hi-Point must use the 10 rd magazine made by Hi-Point (Although they are coming out with a 20 round magazine this year). The one single reason I asked Santa for the Hi-Point is that the Hi-point shoots better than the Kel-Tek and that makes a big difference. This gun will be a range gun but the ballistics for home defense ain't bad. It may just be my coyote gun.

I will post a review after I go to the range, but my company is having a "shutdown" starting Monday and I will be working straight twelves for the next three weeks.
Will_Carry

Postby BrianB » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:46 am

Very cool, I would like to know how this gun works out over the long term since I have heard so much bad about Hi-point. Glad you like it.
BrianB

Postby pcnightmare » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:05 am

Welcome to the Hi-Point family. I have met very few carbine owners who don't love their guns fiercely. The Hi-Point pistols are iffy, the rifles are as solid as any pistol-caliber carbines that I have fired.

I have had a lot of experience firing friends' guns, and when the .45s finally started rolling out I snatched up the first one to come to my area. I have mine running with the vertical forend, the tac light, the compensator, the mag holder and a red dot scope.

Not that I expect any problems, but the unconditional lifetime warranty is also a huge boon for the Hi-Points. I think you are going to love it. I can do nasty things to a paper target with mine.
pcnightmare

Return to Gun Chatter