>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Ruger LC9 or Sig P238?

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Ruger LC9 or Sig P238?

Postby Will_Carry » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I was looking forward to the new Ruger LC9 but from the report I have heard, the LC9 is not a pleasure to shoot. I have enough money now for a new concealed carry weapon. Should I go with the pocket 9mm, with a harsh recoil or buy the highly recommended Sig P380? Right now I'm thinking that the Sig P238, even though it's just a 9mm "short" round, would be a better pocket pistol. Niether one of them is a pleasure to shoot.
Will_Carry

Postby robalan » Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:11 pm

I like the Kimber Solo exempt for ammo issues. The Sig P238 will probably be my next purchase. People have said a lot of good things about it and it feels good in my hand. I really don't like the light stuff. The Ruger LCP is one of my guns and I will keep it just because I take it with me around once per year. :-) That LC9 is probably the same type thing, just too light.

I actually bought the LC9 after this post. It is not as light as I thought and it is well worth the money.
robalan

Postby loopy » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:33 am

Actually the p238 is a pleasure to shoot. I have shot 200+ rounds in a single range visit many times.
loopy

Postby Will_Carry » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:55 pm

I bought the LC9 and it does not have the harsh recoil that someone posted. The trigger is looooong! Longer than War and Peace. BUT it is smooth. So far the LC9 has not failed to go bang and it is accurate enough. I can carry it in the pocket of some of my pants, but not my blue jeans. It does, however carry very well inside the wasteband.
Will_Carry

Postby JustBen » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:09 pm

LC9 looks like a great gun. I have the LCP and love it. However the guys I shoot with at TDI had this comment about the SR9 during a three day handgun class.

" We can't recommend the new Ruger SR9, we had 2 brand new ones break this weekend, the one on the rifle range wouldn't fire and then wouldn't reset. We had one make it through our 3 day classes in the past 2 years. Ruger makes some great revolvers though! "

Not sure what the real cause is, but I thought I would pass this comment along since I have a lot of respect for these guys.
JustBen

Postby Will_Carry » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:23 pm

I have owned three Ruger Mark II&III target pistols. They work great. I also own 3 ruger revolvers that also work great. I am hoping this LC9 will be the same. I have only had on chance to shoot it so far.
Will_Carry

Return to Gun Chatter