>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

AR15/M-4 VS. Mini 14 The .223 WAR

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby ulgydog56 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:11 pm

whitehood is right, the ar plateform is just to versatile to overcome. i do love the looks and style and feel of the minne tho..............
ulgydog56

Postby whitehood » Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:53 pm

I agree with you ugly. Again, I'm not here to denigrate the Mini in any way. You're just not going to see the Mini very much if at all in 3 gun competition, or in High Power where the AR simply dominates. Once you possess an AR in just about any form which of course includes what is considered the firearm ( the lower receiver ) you can do just about anything with it from race gun to carbine to long distance match weapon. You can't do that with a Mini.
whitehood

Postby agonist » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:22 am

I don't want to belittle anyone's personal preference but this is a silly argument. While I don't blame anyone for prefering the mini's more traditional styling, the only thing better about the mini is the less offset sight, however, the M4 flattop can be outfitted w lower profile sights easily.

The only rifle I've ever cleaned more easily is a bolt action and reliability issues were solved 30 years ago.
agonist

Postby whitehood » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:17 am

It's still a fun argument but I don't even think there is a real contest here, just personal preference. The AR still gets a bum rap for reliability which is just not deserved anymore. At least with the rifle length weapons and gas tubes, I haven't had a problem in a long time. Carbines are a bit more problematic but this should be solved nicely as there is a trend towards mid length gas tubes and heavier buffers/ springs.
whitehood

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter