>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Personal protection

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:04 pm

Personally, I like the idea of a nice pair of Nike running shoes and a couple of cheap fragmentation grenades...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby dirk911 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:24 pm

high noon holsters have a holster for that? LOL
dirk911

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:12 pm

They say that they'll build you a holster for anything!!!! Should send them an email and request something for a pair of shoes and grenades for rapid execution. Probably get a knock from the FBI, ha!!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm

I found a website that sells a lot of AR gear, rifles and pistols. The AR pistol is an awesome looking weapon. Check out www.cmmginc.com it's a full service gun supply. They've got a cute little FN 90 I think it is and fires the 5.56 x 28 round. It's a bullpup design, when you look at it, open the picture to full size. It's a very cool looking gun. Kind of Star Wars looking! I think it would provide very adequate service in the home defense arena.

Tig

tigwelder56

Postby Patrol » Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:14 pm

Vee, check out Va Game and Inland fisheries for areas to shoot in your area or make friends with people who own land or are members of hunt clubs near you. As for a gun to get and carry concealed especially for motorcycle carry I would go with one choice that makes sense for both your skill level and something small and light but effective with good corbon ammo. The J frame S&W airweight any model or the Taurus new model 85 airweight also a 5shot j frame revolver. Ive seen the Taurus models I speak of under $300 and you can't beat any revolvers reliability. As for legality of your carry in Va since Im a cop in Va I can help with that too. You can carry on your side in plain view like the wild west and it's legal but you will have issues when you go into places that don't allow firearms and you will have to leave the gun behind on your motorcycle saddlebag or pack or you can do the best thing which would be to go to the courthouse in your jurisdiction's Circuit Court and apply for a concealed carry permit then carry concealed. Semiauto's are great but tht small frame revolver in either model is a hard one to beat. I frequently put my J frame in my front pocket off duty when i dont feel like putting on a holster and it doesnt get in the way.
Patrol

Previous

Return to Gun Chatter