>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Choice in Pistol (intermediate level)

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Choice in Pistol (intermediate level)

Postby justinfluegel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:17 pm

I am currently looking for a new pistol and have narrowed it down to a few choices.

Berretta Px4 (.40)

Steyr M-A1 (.40)

HK USP-T Comp. (.45)

I currently own a 9mm FN hi-power. I want a gun that I can grow into as a shooter. I want a self defense weapon as well as one that I can customize. I like the Steyr except the lack of mods and the trigger safety. The beretta is nice but I haven't heard much of it. My favorite is the USP Compact Tactical but it's very pricey.

Any suggestions?
justinfluegel

Postby CONT2 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Either lower your standards or buy a used gun. I don't think you want to lower your standards, based on the fact that you sound like you know just what you want. so,.....pay the extra dough and get the gun you want. Put it on layaway...how much is the USP anyway?

I say spend the extra cash and know you did'nt settle for a lesser gun...IMHO...
CONT2

Postby justinfluegel » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:07 pm

haha you know that's really what it's been comming down too.

One kit I found that comes with alot of extra accesories was $1,275. For just the gun, non-tactical set up, I'm looking at approx 850. Threaded barrel 350, laser 175, two extra mags 70, so the kit is worth it I feel.

If I can wait to save up just tht little bit more to get the one I want. Thanks for comment. I guess I'm just gonna have to wait a bit longer. This is a gun I'd be happy with for life. Thanks again, and I think I just needed someone else to tell me that haha.

Anyone know of some good places to look for holsters and accesories for h&K?
justinfluegel

Postby lotsip81 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:48 pm

go check out the PX4 thread here....you'll find nothing but great comments. I have the .40 of it and its perfect. It comes with 3 magazines, a speed loader, and 3 adjustable backstraps. You cant go wrong. Feels great and in my opinion the most comfortable gun i have ever held. Also looks great too. I have over 1000 round through mine and no failures of any kind. Takedown and cleaning are super easy as well. Take your time and give the PX4 a serious consideration.
"Guns don't kill people, People do!"
lotsip81

Postby bigdawg » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:57 pm

i don't like to to talk people out of something they

have there mind and heart set on. but don't go

below a .45. i am a 1911 fan it is one of the hardest

pistols too master but i think it is the funnest to

shoot. it hasn't been around for 98 yrs for nothing.

differences aside don't settle for less than what you

want. even if it is a plastic gun. ha ha ha!!!!
bigdawg

Postby justinfluegel » Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:18 pm

haha, I appreciate the advice. My father offered me his sup'd up 1911 ready for competition but I passed and let him sell it to my friend. I am just not a fan. I have an all metal gun (FN Hi-Power). The only thing I like about the all metal is the "solid" feeling. I was shooting my friends Walther P99 .40 and it felt loose and flimsy. The HK I held didn't feel anything like that. I will have to check out the Px4 when I return to the states (currently in Afghan) but like you said I like the .45 as well. Mainly that it most likely won't go through a target if I had to fire indoors (I pray it never happens).

Keep the suggestions comming and the tips as well. I'm sure I'm not the only guy out here that is moderately skilled with a fire arm and wants to increase my skill and quality of weapon.

thanks again
justinfluegel

Postby bigdawg » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:02 am

hey justin.

i was in that big cat box in '91.

can't say that i miss it. sorry we couldn't complete

the whole mission but you know as well as i do

thing will never change. i just hope my boy never has too

see it.

come home safe we are proud of you all.

keep one eye open and that finger on the trigger.

DAWG
bigdawg

Return to Gun Chatter