>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Justification of the \"HK\"\"\"

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Justification of the \"HK\"\"\"

Postby jlp3rd » Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:27 pm

Im new to the world of firearms, but consider myself to be an expert of research. But I need help... Im considering 3 differnet firearms polyi:( hk p2000, Sig 2022) full metal: Sig p229r all in a .40 cal. Like I said before I have done a s@*t load of research and have found that I am having trouble justifying HK'S price for a "Plastic gun". Can anyone help make up my mind and explain to me why i should go with HK(POLO) besides their lifetime warranty. I have done the feel test and all that jazz and that why its between these 3. PLEASE HELP!!!!
jlp3rd

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:32 pm

Depends on what you want it for. Target practice/shooting many, many rounds? Go with the all metal Sig. The extra weight will help reduce recoil and it's a little more accurate. If you want for a defensive/carry gun, gotta go with the HK. The lighter weight will make it much easier to carry concealed.
weekendfunandgun

Postby jlp3rd » Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:07 pm

Thanks for the info weekendfunandgun!! I really wanted to use it for both home defence and target, thats why im torn. Is sig coming out with the SPC 2022 anytime soon?But yeah I really just have a problem laying down the extra $200 on a poly!!!! locally can get it out the door for (758) and the sig 229r for (770) and the sig pro 2022 for (507) are these good deals?
jlp3rd

Postby weekendfunandgun » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:20 am

Yeah man, those are not bad "out the door" prices. You might be able to find them for a few bucks less on one of the gun sales websites, but then you have to pay for shipping and a transfer dealer, plus you have to wait for the gun to arrive. For an extra $20 you can buy from a local store and (hopefully) have them take good care of you should something go wrong with the gun.

As far as using it for both home defence and target shooting, I would probably go with the HK. The difference in weight may not sound like much, but carrying it all day long will make a big difference by the end of the day. And I really don't think a gun will do you any good if you left it at home b/c it wasnt comfortable on you hip (or wherever you plan to carry it).

One other benefit of HK, they are still made by the original company, to the flawless specs that built their name and reputation. if you buy a new Sig be aware that they are no longer made overseas, but rather have been purchased by a US company (Smith and Wesson, I believe) and are made on different machines to different specs and standards. Basically, the good name of Sig has been thrown out the window until this new company has proven to the gun-toting public that the new Sigs are just as reliable and well built as the old Sigs. With HK, there is absolutely no question you are getting top quality.

Sig does have excellent advertising though, don't they? All those Texas Ranger commercials sure make them sound good.
weekendfunandgun

Postby jlp3rd » Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:40 pm

weekendfunandgun, went ahead and got the hk, havent had the chance to shoot it yet prob tomorrow, but had a question... im looking at it this morning and i notice pluming on the slide release on both sides and and the metal part of the hammer, I have read that this is common that it is due to the porcess(medals)they use for those parts. Question is that should it be like this out of the box? the date code is AG...how new is that if you know. I just think that is kinda crap if you ask me... if that is the way is is manuf. All the info you can spare would be great!!!Thank for your help so far
jlp3rd

Return to Gun Chatter