>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Carry Weapon

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby ExLimey » Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:48 pm

Just got back from the range. I only had time to throw about 30 rounds through it.

I'm in love, even if she did bite the skin off my thumb knuckle.
ExLimey

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:23 pm

Yep, i took my 642 to the range today - it was a handful with the 38+P's, but I was able to manage. I wouldn't want to shoot it all day, but in an emregency situation this gun would be excellent. It fits easily in any pants or jacket pocket, doesnt weigh you down, and throws a decent size bullet.

Note- my wife hated it. the recoil was more than she bargained for. she still prefers her Rossi 462 b/c the added weight cuts the recoil in half, and the larger grip on the Rossi helps also. Besides, she has plenty of room in her purse, a lot more than I do in my pocket!!
weekendfunandgun

Postby ExLimey » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:26 am

My only gripe about it is the grip is too small (and I don't have big hands.) If I was just going to shoot this for fun, I would have gotten something with a bigger grip. As this is for concealed carry, I went with something lighter and easier to conceal.
ExLimey

Postby ExLimey » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:38 pm

Went shooting again today with my Dad. This time we spent 2 hours at the range. I must have put at least 100 rounds through the 642 this time. We were shooting inside which made it a little difficult to see the sights. I guess that doesn't matter much, if I ever use it to defend myself, I'm not likely to spend much time aiming.
ExLimey

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:02 pm

i love shooting inside the range by my house is a 25 yard indoor range and i go there and show the people there how it is done haha..
jdeangelis99

Postby ExLimey » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:31 pm

We were shooting someone else's reloads yesterday that had some of the smokiest powder I've ever seen. That's the only thing I don't like about shooting inside.
ExLimey

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:53 pm

We had an absolutely beautiful 25yd indoor range here. It had 10 stations, was completely automated. It was as nice a range as I could've hoped to find and it was just a couple miles from my house. Then the fucking city commissioners got their panties in a knot and closed it down. They didn't want something so dangerous in their precious city. The only way they got it shut down was by finding a loophole in a ventilation rule. Had something to do with lead exposure. They had a top notch system but the lead exposure scare was enough to get them run out of town. So remind your range owners that they need to keep their ventilation systems brand new or they'll find a chain and lock on their door one morning. The anti gun crowd will stop at nothing to prevent us from using our guns!
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby jdeangelis99 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:06 am

The one thing i hate about indoor ranges is your so close to the person next to you.. The guy next to me yesterday was shooting a .45 and his shells kept coming over and hiting me!! The one got caught in my glasses and burned my forehead haha and the other one kept going down my shirt and that hurts like hell!
jdeangelis99

Postby shot4funinsun » Tue May 08, 2007 11:18 pm

cont, if your buddy has a model 10 SW buy it that is to me the best 38 put out by SW. On the other hand you could also look for the model 19 or 20 and the 626 is also a nice one, they are all 357's but of course you can load them with 38's for the permit. I gotta say it sucks that you can only carry 38's for the job, we can carry 380 up to 45 in california you just have to be certified. Well good luck in your hunt for a revolver.
shot4funinsun

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed May 09, 2007 12:08 am

Hey Shot4, I've got a question or two for you. I lived in the great institution called California for several years back in the 70's. We were still able to buy firearms without too much grief! Unfortunately that isn't the case now is it? I saw you mentioned you couldn't carry anything smaller than a 380! How long has that been in effect? What a shitty deal that is!!! Tell me something, how hard is it to obtain a concealed weapons permit? When I lived in the SF Bay and a member of the US Navy (was also a member of Naval Security at the time). I applied for a concealed weapons permit and was laughed at by the desk Sargeant and a Detective that I was referred to after that. It was very degrading and something that I have never forgotten. The California LE Agency's were profiling people clear back then. I try to understand why they were so cautious, now and then, but I continue to disagree with the arbitrary and rough methods they used to enforce the unfair anti gun ideology at the time. What's sorry is that the existing laws are even worse. I hate to see what will happen to the law abiding gun owners if a Democrat wins the Oval Office in 08.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter