>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

new/old career

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

new/old career

Postby CONT2 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:17 am

I've been taking a class to get my security guard's license all week. I was an armed contract guard for the G.S.A. 22 years ago. I figured I'd take my time and eventually try to get into the field again. After 22 years, I'm gonna give it another shot. I've been in the Substance Abuse Counseling field for 13 years, off and on, the last 6, consecutive.

I got myself in a little trouble years ago and conditioned myself to believe that I would'nt qualify anymore.

When I bought a handgun back in July of '06, I was really testing to see if my past would come up to haunt me. It did'nt. I've been on a tear ever since. I've passed every background check , to gain access into two county jails and a state prison in Bushnell. Not to mention the fact that HRS has exempted me from disqualification to work with developmentally handicapped adults and adolescents, as well.

It just goes to show that a person can hold themselves back for years and one simple change in attitude can make all the difference.Hell!! I'm gonna go for it.

Maybe even, eventually, as a Corrections Officer. I'm not sure if there's an age limit in Florida or not. We'll see...
CONT2

Postby beltbuckle » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:43 pm

I wish you the best of luck with your new endeavor.

Glad to hear you got over a mental block and doing somthing you want.
beltbuckle

Return to Gun Chatter