>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

SMITH MP40

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

SMITH MP40

Postby DIRTYDOG71 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:19 am

ANYONE GOT ANYTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS PISTOL IM LOOKING TO BUY ONE.
DIRTYDOG71

Postby XXOXX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:46 am

Smith & Wesson. Thats all you need to know. If it works for you, buy it. Its a Smith & Wesson.
XXOXX

Postby beltbuckle » Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:32 am

I've heard alot of good things about this handgun. I've even fired it on more than one occasion. Although I dont own one, I would definatly put it on a serious to consider list. It shoots well feels good and is backed with the S&W warranty.

I fired this gun first when I was looking to get a 40 cal. It was a rental from the local range that had hundreds of shots fired thru it with very few cleanings. Even using the cheapest ammo I had 0 malfuntions of any kind.

My personal decision when I narrowed my choice lead me to the PX4 but my reasoning had nothing to do with performance.

Both were pretty close to equall in all aspects such as accuracy functionability but like all things I eventually had to make my decision, and it came down to physicall appearence. (I'm not a fan of the blocky glock type look)

Another to consider is like BK12 said; the XD. I frequent a few gunshops and every one of them claim that its their best selling handgun. Looks good, feels good, shoots great.

My only downfall with it is that stupid glockstyle trigger safety. Just not a fan of it.

Dont get me wrong though! I'm not saying its a bad design, apparently it works. I just dont like it.

Allright, its getting lengthy now, and I'm getting off subject so I'm going to stop my rant........ Hope this helped
beltbuckle

Postby zacman42 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:49 pm

My "lady" just purchased a M & P 9mm because she can't really handle a .40. she has fired many a handgun & the S&W M&P is great for her. Small hands, unable to shoot a Glock well, this is her piece. After trying many, many handgunsthe past couple of years, she finally has what she needs/wants. I shot it as well as any pistol i've ever had & I'm going to look into there M&P .45 when I can find one.
zacman42

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:04 pm

I have the MP9 and love it. I cant waith for the .45 to come out so i can pick that up.

with semi's, i only have two calibers. 9mm for fun shooting (cheaper ammo) and .45 for my carry pistol (a glock 36).

i'm just not a big fan of the .40. i've had a glock 27 before, but i just couldnt shoot tons of rounds for fun b/c .40 ammo is almost as pricey as .45. and i didnt like it for a carry round b/c i am one of the people that always wants the biggest and best, so knowing that i could have .45ACP instead of .40 . . . well, long story short I sold the 27 and bought a 36.

regardless of which caliber, this is definitely a quality pistol and worth giving a try.
weekendfunandgun

Postby WheatSnackBread » Thu May 03, 2007 3:03 pm

I own a compact .40. All in all, a great gun. Every 150 rounds or so I have an issue feeding, but I'm pretty sure it's still being broken in, and it way be a mag issue.... The only thing I'm not crazy about is the trigger. It's spongey, flimsy, and it's F@#king up my shots, big time. A great buy for the price, though.
WheatSnackBread

Postby shot4funinsun » Tue May 08, 2007 10:53 pm

The only problem I had with my 40 was the fact that it did not like the cheap ammo. I tried shooting reloads from the range and wolf ammo and if would fail to extract the cartridge. I got fed up and bought some winchester and no a problem at all. Mine comes equiped with the mag safety which is a plus cause I carry on the job but overall it's a great gun.
shot4funinsun

Return to Gun Chatter