>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

PPK is the PERFECT concealed carry for me

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

PPK is the PERFECT concealed carry for me

Postby rcbuzzby » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:16 pm

My second Walther, the PPK .380 blued version is unbelievable for ME. I have tried to carry so many pistols and either they were crap for shooting accuracy and feel or they were just too bulky for true concealment in Michigan as a non law inforcment carrier. I tried two Kimbers, an XD-40, and I even had a Kel-Tec .380 but the magazine ejected everytime I fired the first shot. All I can say about the Kel Tec is ouch! The POS wouldnt chamber any kind of ammo consistantly. I bought a P99 40SW for the fantastic grip feel and pow.....nice gun even for a .40. Should have bought the 9mm but Oh well. Been carrying the P99 until I bought a PPK (not the S). I wanted the smaller of the two for concealment. Went to the range and fired 300 rounds the first day! The rear sight needs adjusting that I had no luck with. I soon had 6 inch groups at 25 feet not even really trying. I LOVE this PPK!!!!!!! I sure would be interested in feedback and web sites I can visit that will help me know more. Also, I can not get the rear sight to move. I had a hack of a gunsmith try to tap it over with a brass punch and now I have a scratched sight that didnt move. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Seems like this would be lined up better from the factory. Thanks for your time, DJ (rcbuzzby@chartermi.net)
rcbuzzby

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:55 am

Just curious, what dont you like about the P99 in .40 that you would prefer 9mm?
agonist

Postby rcbuzzby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:38 pm

Im liking the 9mm over the 40SWs mostly because of the cost. They do have a heck of a bark and my trigger finger gets pretty sore after a morning at the range. I like to shoot 500 rounds a week and its really expensive shooting 40 or 45s. Ive shot the 9mm and just like the feel. For self defense, the 9mm would work for me. Im probably going to go for the upper chest or head anyway. Itll probably never happen but I do live just outside Flint, Michigan! Do you like 40s better?
rcbuzzby

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:20 pm

The .40 has more so called stopping power but many models are available in either. I havent had the opportunity to fire the same model gun in both chamberings but I havent found most .40s to be much more recoil heavy than comparable 9mms. That being said my primary CCW is a compact 9mm with hollowpoint ammo.
agonist

Postby rcbuzzby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:33 pm

Ya know, the first 40SW I bought years ago, two of the guys at the gun store tried to get me to by a 9mm instead. It seems that the guys around this area are against the 40s. My first 40 was a Springfield XD just a couple years ago or so. Man it barked and I traded it! My personal feelings are, I will keep my P99 40Sw because I love the Walther but Im going to buy a 9mm Walther too ....... got to haveem all!!! My Kimber full size 1911 .45 Custom Target is by far the superior shooting gun but I just dont like the straight grip feel and unless your a law inforcement officer its imposible to conceil for me. That little PPK is really accurate for a small carry. Verry smooth and Im VERY impressed at the range. When Im working at the dumputer I leave it within sight so I can just look at it. with all that said ........ so you have a PPK or PPK/S? If not, do it! What are your carrys and what do you guys in Conn. perfer? Later mister, DJ
rcbuzzby

Postby rcbuzzby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:39 pm

I was going to ask you about your perferred ammo. Ive got a Kimber Rimfire .22 LR that only eats CCI Mini-Mags High Velocity. The rest eat Winchester from Walmart for the range. Self defense .... I havent made my mind up what I really like but have Federal Low Recoil in my PPK and the P99 right now. DJ
rcbuzzby

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:49 pm

I have found that Remington golden sabre performs very well in everything. It may not be the best in any one specific handgun but always seems to be better than the average.

If youre a fan of the PPK you may want to check out some of the import CZ83s. Theres a bunch of them around right now for around $300. 9x18 cal. so they pack more punch than a .380 , ambidextrous safety, and the barrel is chrome lined polygonal rifling. Very accurate, very durable and VERY easy to clean.
agonist

Postby rcbuzzby » Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:14 pm

No one that I know has the CZ but Ill look into it. Thanks. Good communication. DJ
rcbuzzby

Postby agonist » Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:02 pm

Check out AIMSurplus.com. They seem to have a few left at $209. They dont look perfect but ya cant beat the price.
agonist

Return to Gun Chatter