>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

On in the chamber? Tarus 24/7

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

On in the chamber? Tarus 24/7

Postby shootit69 » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:38 pm

Hi

Im new to the forum and glad that I found it. I resently purchased a Taurus 24/7 pro .40 because of some of the feedback on this form, so thanks for that: however, I do have a real question. The 24/7 has no de-cocker, so how can yuo have one in the chamber without being in single action mode?

Thanks. Great site
shootit69

Postby hershey » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:56 pm

THE BEST ANSWER I HAVE FOR YOU IS READ THE ARTICLE IN THE CURRENT AMRICAN RIFLEMAN, IT COVERS THAT SYSTEM IN REAL DETAIL. I CARRY MY 24/7W/ ONE IN THE CHAMBER IN SINGLE ACTION MODE, BUT THERE IS A PROCESS TO DECOCK IT, THE ARTICLE EXPLAINS IT IN GREAT DETAIL, I DONT CARE FOR THE MUCH STIFFER TRIGGER OF D/A, SO I CHOSE NOT TO DO IT, AND DONT SEE A SIGNIFANT REASON TO DO SO, OTHER THAN LONG TERM STORAGE OR SOMETHING.
hershey

Postby shootit69 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:49 am

Thank you hershey for your assistance, I will check the American Rifelman. You are correct on the triger pull being stiffer; however, I will be using this as a home protection gun, so with one in the chamber decocked safety on, all I have to do is release safety fire the first shot in DA and keep rocking. I think this is easier than jacking a round into the chamber for quick use especialy if I was only half way out of the bed.
shootit69

Return to Gun Chatter