>
Board Index Wield Your Weapon Gun Chatter

Best Starter Pistol ??

General discussion and chatter about firearms and weapons only.

Postby g4l » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:45 am

Just to add a suggestion to wek7402, you said fun to shoot, I don't own this gun but may someday, a Sig229r, now thats just fun to shoot, I do love my Glocks but I find the Sig easier to aim and a more comfortable grip. Any suggestions on how I could sneak it out of my buddies collection and add it to mine?lol
g4l

Postby agonist » Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:44 pm

Don't sneek glocks, just draw first!
agonist

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:54 pm

damn weekendfun! i wish jersey would be that easy but its very urban in most places and we have some of the worst ghettos so they don't let us have then so the honest people could carry to protect ourselves from the people who carry non regesterd guns!
jdeangelis99

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:51 pm

Yeah, that is completely backwards from they way it should be in my opinion. under the setup there, only criminals have guns. and even worse, they KNOW LAW ABIDING CITIZENS DONT!! that's scary as hell to me. i guess that's just life in those "Eastern Block" states though. i am going to new york next month and am already getting a little bit nervous about not having a handgun. guns really become a security blanket when you are used to always having them around.
weekendfunandgun

Postby wek7402 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:51 pm

listen i'm from new york and its not all that bad...just dont go walking around the south bronx at night by yourself...damn place turns into a jungle!
wek7402

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:18 am

yeah new york times square area is great theres cops every 5 feet now... BUt you go to places in brooklyn and queens it can get pretty bad... Im from jersey aand its getting bad here im glad i got my guns
jdeangelis99

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:26 am

Yeah, we will be staying at a marriot marquis in times square. hopefully we'll never even see the other burroughs, except when we take the statue of liberty tour. other than that, we plan on sticking to the manhattan area - central park, check out a show, see the ground zero memorial, all that touristy stuff. this will be the first time in NYC for both of us.

you hear scary things about that city, but if you locals say it's not bad, then that eases my mind a bit.
weekendfunandgun

Postby CONT2 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 pm

Weekend, the old story about looking up at the skyscrapers is probably true. You don't want to look like a tourist. Although, they have cleaned up the Ho stroll a lot. There used to be peep shows every other store front. I was up there in June of last year. It's not like it used to be...did'nt see too many street whores.

I stayed at the Hilton in Manhattan...a penthouse at that.

I hear the gun laws up there are tough. I've heard there's no such thing as carry permits unless you're a cop or armed guard.Is that true jd?
CONT2

Postby jdeangelis99 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:39 pm

yeah it is..Its really rough up there with gun laws and only getting worse.. the streets are alot safier and cleaner now with all these cops after 9/11..U will have alot of fun in the city and don't mind looking up at the buildings i go to the city every other day and i still am amazed..There are some nice places to eat in the village and don't be scared not everyone is gay there if not try the lower east side! don't be affraid of the subways either lol there not as bad as in the movies!
jdeangelis99

Postby weekendfunandgun » Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:07 pm

thanks for the "insider" tips!
weekendfunandgun

PreviousNext

Return to Gun Chatter