>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

whats the laws on FFL when buying firearms

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

whats the laws on FFL when buying firearms

Postby eternal-man » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:41 am

I need info on buying firearms handguns&long barrel. whats needed if anything to have one or more weppons shiped. im a disabled vet with a clean record. wants to buy from U.S. and over the pond .this is supposed to be a free country but with all the politically correct pole smokers selling and giving away our soverenty I know to be legal and safe I must be carefull. it realy is a sin to have to even have to think of this bullshit.... ya know
eternal-man

Postby nohub2003 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:15 pm

I recently contacted BATF and ordered the paper-work to apply for my FFL (Collector Only) Is it true, that if I obtain this license it gives Law-Enforcement and ATF open access to my home, even if, I may not be there??? I may have, a little problem w/ someone entering my home if i am not there, but i have nothing to hide. Can someone please enlighten me, concerning these issues?? Thanks, Nohub
nohub2003

Postby nohub2003 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:28 pm

Eternal-Man, I think you may want to contact a local-dealer about this issue. I am only starting-out as a Collector. Wish I could help you!! Maybe, after I get my FFL, I can help you with a question. My gut tells me ,you will most likely have to go through a Licensed- Dealer or apply for your FFL. If you have a clean record, and do not mind paying $200.00 for a 3-yr. license, that might just be the way to go!!... Later, Nohub
nohub2003

Postby XXOXX » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:16 am

US Federal law states interstate transfer of a long gun is legal. Local or state law might vary. You should contact a gun dealer for a ruling.

Interstate transfer of a handgun requires FFL to FFL. You can transfer a handgun IN STATE according to FEDERAL law, but state law may vary. FFL should set you straight on that one too.

My experience with BATF is that theyre gung-ho to enforce gun laws, but they wont tell you whats legal. Were not lawyers. And so they wont provide you with a reading of what the law says.
XXOXX

Return to Buying/Selling