>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

fishin4 is a scam

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

fishin4 is a scam

Postby Indytopcop » Thu May 24, 2007 10:06 pm

Just to be clear, it is the first deal went perfectly it was the second more expensive one that I am being screwed on.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b ... 9&t=442014

To anyone who may be thinking about buying ammo from Fishing4, I would reconsider he has owed me over $500 of ammo for over 6 weeks. We have made several attempts to meet but everytime he just blows off the meet and makes some excuse for why he couldn't make it. We were supposed to meet because he supposedly sent my ammo to the wrong person the first time. So until I get my ammo I would recommend that everyone steer clear of fishin4.....Here is a link to a thread that explains a little more.

Dean if you read this why havent you responded to any of my emails, phone calls, or instant messages? You can either send me my ammo or send me back my $560 dollars.
Indytopcop

Postby Indytopcop » Sat May 26, 2007 6:33 pm

Still no word from "Dean" aka Fishin4...
Indytopcop

Postby Indytopcop » Wed May 30, 2007 2:21 pm

This is supposedly his partner and a chicago cop. This is where I sent the first MO. Still no word from Dean, I left him some more feedback at the auction arms website. Come on Dean where are you? Moderators and I have both been trying to contact you but you have simply dissappeared with my money. Thanx bud.

Bill Zaremba

12838 S. Saginaw

Chicago, IL 60633
Indytopcop

Postby Jerry1963 » Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:21 pm

I bought a box of Black Talon .44 Magnum rounds from him

and I did get my ammo 3 days after he got my Postal money order. He did answer every email I sent. All I can speak for is myself and this is the only deal I have done with him.

I never did speak to him on the phone, only by email.

I myself NEVER do deals for anything over $100 online. I hope everything works out for you. I have not spoke to him since we made our deal in March.
Jerry1963

Postby Indytopcop » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:17 pm

Just an update...I have talked to the local post office and the postal inspectors and am going to be filling a complaint. I have found out that "Fishing4" aka "Dean"'s real name is Chris Cochrane he is in Monee, IL. So I will also be contacting the local Post Office so they can try and track him down. Anyone who has any dealing with someone from Monee, IL should be very wary and DO NOT send a money order to a PO box. This guy is definitley a scam artisit and I am going to make sure that I do everything humanly possible to track him down and get what is rightfully mine. I am pissed and the wrong type of person to rip off. Also Jerry1963 I have to say that the first transaction went better than excellent in terms of quick shipping and responses but I feel like it was the bait to get you to buy more, either way I am sure Chris Cochrane is out there somewhere still "fishin4" innocent, hard working people like me.
Indytopcop

Postby Jerry1963 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:32 pm

Indy, I really am sorry to hear about that. That was good work on your part. I was going to buy another box of ammo from him and now I am glad I didn't.

I really thought something was wrong when I called the phone number he had listed and it was not even in the same

prefix as where he lived. I talked to the guy on the phone and he never heard of "Dean".

That had me really worried. He told me his phone line was down and that is why he listed the wrong one. It has been a longtime since I was a police officer but I do work as a private Investigator. I hope you get him on a fraud charge.

I guess he knew he could cash a Postal money order right away. That also made me raise an eyebrow. I simply got lucky. I just never have done a deal over $100 on the web.

Let us know if you nail him. Good luck. Jerry
Jerry1963

Postby Jerry1963 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:53 pm

Indy, I saw your post below about "Deans" partner. Did you call the Chicago police to let them know that one of their officers is helping a guy rip people off? I would at least give them a call.
Jerry1963

Postby Indytopcop » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:12 pm

I highly doubt that he is even a cop...probably just something he says to make you feel more comfortable with the purchase. Besides I wonder if the Chicago PD would even give a shit...they have recently been under a lot of fire due to an off duty cop beating the living crap out of a barmaid after she refused to serve him and it was all caught on tape. These kinds of things happen all the time in Chicago and a bunch of the high brass over there have either resigned or been fired. I am sure my complaint wouldn't matter much to them.
Indytopcop

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:47 pm

I've been thinking about you Indy. Looks like you haven't heard from the fish. Unfortunately he turned out to be bottom sucker. I used to work for the USPS and since this is a firearm/ammunition issue I know that the Postal Inspectors will get him. They'll get the BATFE involved and this dude along with his cohort will pay big for his attempt at screwing you and who knows how many others. You really did your homework too! I think because of that you'll get the satisfaction you're looking for. I've got a hunch that he's reading all of these posts and if you are Chris you should be ashamed and disgusted with yourself. There aren't too many things worse than a THIEF, I can't imagine having to look myself in the mirror knowing I'm making money stealing it from honest people. You need to make things right and then hit the confessional. I hope it works out right for you Indy. Keep in touch Brother...

Tig
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Indytopcop » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:16 pm

Still no word for the fish...sorry for the lapse in reply, we just moved and have been dealing with that recently.

Got him banned from Auction Arms though.
Indytopcop

Next

Return to Buying/Selling