>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

Beware fishin4ammunition@comcast.net cheated me

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

Beware fishin4ammunition@comcast.net cheated me

Postby Indytopcop » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:56 am

Your man is: Chris Dean Cochrane

14522 Sherman Ave

Posen,Il 60469

1-708-389-0547

Cook co. has a gun ban were he lives,he is selling from po box monee Il will co.

Lives down the alley from Posen Police dept,Trackin this asshole down.He is 36 years old married to Jennifer 34 years old,I think 2 young girls.Mother name Mary 50 years old lives 14341 palmer Ave posen.

beware of Dean Callahan aka Chris Cochrane addresses used: One Tiffany Pointe, or P.O. Box 66 Monee, IL, 60108 or 60449 phone: 708-548-9069 email fishin4ammunition@att.net appears he may have also been a previous scammer under "SurplusAmmoForLess", Precision Arms, 14522 S Sherman Ave, P.O. Box 474, Posen, IL 60469. Beware.

Got most of this info from other members...thanks for the help guys
Indytopcop

Postby Indytopcop » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:13 pm

let me know if you have any more luck than I did, seems like no one in IL gives a shit that this asshole has been habitually commiting mail fraud.
Indytopcop

Postby ft3ft3ft3 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 7:50 pm

I filed a compliant with the postal service with the info you gave me. They have not answered yet, I told them i have plenty of proof how he cheated me, me being a old veteran may help me.i also told them he has a history of cheating people on this site. I'll provide all my evidence when the time comes, I'll try my best to hook him.

ft3ft3ft3

p.s. This is third deadbeat I have found on this site, not nice.
ft3ft3ft3

Postby Indytopcop » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:07 pm

trust me you are but one of many...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewUserFeedback.asp

look up surplusammoforless on google...that is/was his faux company, this guys is such a deadbeat I wouldn't be surprised if someone has killed him by now. Just curious, when did you attempt to purchase from him?
Indytopcop

Postby ft3ft3ft3 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:32 pm

3 months ago we had a swap of ammo, then we wanted to swap somemore, I sent $200 worth of tracer ammo, he was supposed to send me 9mm snd 45 auto ammo for a swap. I got nothing, he stopped replying to my emails. his phone # is always bogus when I call, thats when I decided to charge him with mail fraud. lets see what the post office does for us.

Tony

ft3ft3ft3

ft3ft3@hotmail.com
ft3ft3ft3

Postby Indytopcop » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:51 pm

well they havent done anything for me yet and he basically stole $560 from me....lets hope if they get enough complaints about him they finally do something, from what I understand he acctually lives in Indiana
Indytopcop

Postby ft3ft3ft3 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 8:59 pm

I'll keep you posted if any info I get is usefull to you.

Tony
ft3ft3ft3

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 12:13 am

Hi Indy, damn I'm sorry to hear you've got nowhere with this asshole. Now we've got Tony experiencing the same thing. I'll tell you that it would be worth a plane ticket to pay him a visit if you could find him. He needs a little street justice, a little something to remind him that it's not nice to rip off people that own guns! LOL! Seriously, I can't understand why you can't get any help nailing this guy. He has broken just about every mail fraud law on the books. Have you considered going to an attorney? They could get somebody moving a bit faster I think. How many felonies does this guy have to commit before they pay attention? You could also give one of the local TV news stations that has an investigative reporter a call. They'd eat something like this up! I think it's worth a call anyway! Have you contacted Comcast? They won't appreciate him using their ISP/Domain to commit wire and mail fraud.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby Indytopcop » Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:30 am

Never thought about the isp angle that may be a good one although I am sure as long as he is paying a bill they will do nothing and even if they do all he would have to do is find another carrier...thought about the attorney but just about any attorney would charge you a $500 non-refundable retainer just to listen to your story and I friggin hate attorneys. Would love to go make a visit but I know myself and I dont need to end up on the news for something worse than 500 bucks missing and more money spend on court costs. The investigative reporter may be a good option but I wonder how much the media would spin the fact that he is selling ammo and ripping people off on it. I could just see the headlines now, "Man attempts to buy crate loads of ammunition, loses $500" Thats just what I need. I am just continuing to look for him lurking on any auction site and get him banned from them all and make his life hell. I have succeed in geting him banned from this site, auction arms, isoldmygun, ebang, and other sites he posted at. I will continue to call the fed mail inspectors. I am thinking that since I have found that he may live in IN that he is not only commiting mail fraud but also interstate commerce fraud and the IRS and other gov. agencies really frown upon that since I am sure he is not paying taxes on the money he steals from his unsuspecting clients. May continue to report him to those agencies. From what I have heard from others, it may take them a long time but they WILL do something about this A-hole. Only time will tell but as of right now it is just a very expensive lesson for me to not trust anyone.
Indytopcop

Next

Return to Buying/Selling