>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

Possible Scam ? or is he legit ? Brian Largent OK

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

Postby tigwelder56 » Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:32 pm

Hi Lawman,

Believe me, everything that can be done is being done. As long as a seller uses an FFL dealer to use as a transfer point or are a FFL holder themself, they can sell and ship without legal pitfalls. This character finds ways to avoid listing his identity truthfully and it has proven difficult for buyers to confirm his honesty and location after they have unfortunately fallen for his tricks. He has been banned from multiple websites, online auctions, you name it. He gets another ISP and gets around all the blocks webmasters can put in his way. He has been reported to every law enforcement agency on the planet and why they don't track him down which in my opinion would be fairly easy, is beyond me. All the LE agencies spoken to agree that this is a scam and is very illegal. This has been reported to the FBI, US Postal Inspectors, BATFE, local and state LE agencies in every state possible. He has his payments sent to a front or PO Box and only accepts Western Union wire transfers. People unfortunately trust him the first time around and that's all it takes to find out that you can't "trust" anyone online unless you are the one establishing the rules of payment. Eventually he'll get nabbed but when is anyone's guess. People like him are the scum of the Earth. He needs to meet a few of his victims alone in a parking lot some night. Would serve his useless ass right. I hate thieves...
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:07 pm

Typical of the 77% of *ALL Internet Businesses Online today!!

If it isn't a well known Store or Online Business, Pay a few extra Bucks, and get it Retail!!

The main problem you are having, is he is NOT shipping Guns. If he was, then you might have a chance with these Agencies, but then you would not need them to begin with. Except for the fact that if selling privately, who nows who he is selling to?? Could be Kids, Gangs, Para Military AH's etc.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby theodore!colt45 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:20 pm

Just a point of clarification on shipping/selling modern guns, the RECEIVER of the gun(s) has to be an FFL holder for all weapons made after 1898, C&R FFL ok for most guns that are made prior to 1956 ( must be at least 50 years old ). The SENDER of the gun does not have to be a FFL holder, but must ship as specified by the BATFE ... FFL holders have more flexibility on how they can ship handguns but an individual and/or collector can certainly ship to FFL holder themselves as long as they follow the procedure and document the sale properly.

Obviously this does not apply here as there are no shipments, but the RECEIVER has to be the FFL holder not required that the sender be.
theodore!colt45

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:38 pm

I stand corrected. I thought the origination point had to be handled by a FFL holder too. I never thought about the reason for the LEA's delay was because nobody had actually received a shipment from the jerk. It shouldn't matter. He's defrauding people across statelines, that should be enough to get the Fed's involved. With help I was able to get GrantMuller's sales items all voided from the site.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:48 pm

Maybe there should be no Commercial Sales permitted in this Forum? Lets say for instance you can sell 1 Gun per 60 Days etc?

That would put a damper on any Commercial Sellers/Scammers looking to Defraud.

Just a thought.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:08 pm

If we did that then the same could be said for every sporting goods website on the Internet. This is a business for the owner of this website. I don't think shutting the door on his business would be something he would consider. You can't let the occasional bad apple ruin the orchard. You pick them off the tree and make juice out of them. Some state governments already control the number of firearms one person can buy in a month, California for example. I believe that it comes back to enforcement of laws already on the books. All of the citizens here have filed complaints to their local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. Why won't they go after these scammers? Why should a legitimate, law abiding business owner have to limit or close his company in an attempt to stop someone the law enforcement community should be going after? They have enough information, names, addresses, phone numbers, offenses, etc., to lock this guy up. Why won't they go after him? What does it take to get something done? It either takes a shooting or the national news to get them moving! They should do their job, that's my thought.

tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:10 am

I never have sold anything here, and did not realize the owner makes Money on Sales. I just thought it was a free service, so I figured it would be a good way to limit scammers.

tigwelder56

Previous

Return to Buying/Selling