>
Board Index Getting Started Buying/Selling

Possible Scam ? or is he legit ? Brian Largent OK

Discuss buyers or sellers from the classifieds section, post gun-related ads, or any other commercial firearm discussions.

Possible Scam ? or is he legit ? Brian Largent OK

Postby fnj » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:16 pm

Same is happening to me. I'm having the same question.
fnj

Postby Poppie » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:33 pm

Me too.He is listing items sold again-- now!
Poppie

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 3:54 pm

Until we gain more information about this person, DO NOT send him any money. There are far too many scams on the Internet now to disregard the possibility that this is one of them.
NRA Life Member GOA Member
NAGR Member DAV Life Member Oathkeepers Member
Help Save America, have your liberal spayed or neutered!

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:08 pm

I sent an information request to Mr. Largent. I see that the shotgun has sold. I hope that the buyer isn't disappointed. I personally wouldn't do business with anyone that refuses to provide me their contact information.

Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is one well armed sheep contesting the vote! --The Sheep
tigwelder56

Postby tigwelder56 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 pm

I have checked your information and if it were possible for me to remove this guys garbage from this site, I would. I have notified the Editor/Webmaster and hopefully can get this bum removed from here asap!

tigwelder56

Postby PalmBch45 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:20 pm

I have sent by Western Union payment for a gun from this guy. Have I been ripped off? Found him to be most evasive. Home listed as Tulsa, but has a Orlando address. I faxed copy of WU reciept to e-gun as directed but recieved no confirmation as yet. Richard
PalmBch45

Postby tigwelder56 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Everything I have been able to find regarding this guy and all other comments have been negative. He has been banned by the majority of online auctions and sales sites. The webmaster of this website has been recently advised of this issue. I'll notify him again. You should contact your local police department and file a report.

tigwelder56

Postby PalmBch45 » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 pm

Is there any way that I can talk to someone at e-gun to find out the status of the money that was wired?
PalmBch45

Postby tigwelder56 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 4:42 am

I would contact Western Union immediately and explain the situation. I would also contact local law enforcement, then notify the FBI because this is considered wire fraud and if you used the Postal Service, notify them because there may be mail fraud involved. But start on all of it immediately

tigwelder56

Postby PalmBch45 » Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks, advice well taken. Working straight with the FBI.
PalmBch45

Next

Return to Buying/Selling